Please review this document and the RELEASE document prior to installing OJS. If you encounter problems, please also see the FAQ document in this directory. To install OJS:
- Extract the OJS archive to the desired location in your web documents directory.
- Make the following files and directories (and their contents) writeable (i.e., by changing the owner or permissions with chown or chmod):
* config.inc.php (optional — if not writable you will be prompted to manually overwrite this file during installation)
- Create a directory to store uploaded files (submission files, etc.) and make this directory writeable. It is recommended that this directory be placed in a non-web-accessible location (or otherwise protected from direct access, such as via .htaccess rules).
- Open a web browser to (https://yourdomain.com/path/to/ojs/) and follow the on-screen installation instructions. Alternatively, the command-line installer can be used instead by running the command “php tools/install.php” from your OJS directory. (Note: with the CLI installer you may need to chown/chmod the public and uploaded files directories after installation, if the Apache user is different from the user running the tool.)
- Recommended additional steps post-installation:
* Review config.inc.php for additional configuration settings