- Choose a Hosting Plan
The first step is to place your order. We offer 4 hosting packages: The Basic Plan, the Professional Plan, and the Institutional Plan. Our website lists the services and features that are included with each plan. The biggest differences between various OJS hosting plans are the size of disk space, the number of upgrades, the number of journals, and the initial training involved.
- Help with Migrating Your OJS to OpenJournalSystems.com
If you are migrating your current OJS to the OpenJournalSystems.com server, we will need a full system backup (OJS system files; MySQL database [SQL dump]; and submission files directory). You can compress (tar gzip) all the files and then upload them to our server using FTP. We will provide the FTP login credentials once the account setup is complete. You can also upload full system backup to Google Drive or Dropbox and share a link with us for download and transfer. If your current host is using a cPanel, you can provide us with login access to your cPanel and we’ll take care of the backup and transfer. There are no costs involving migration and it takes about 24 hours to migrate and set up your account.
- Upgrading from OJS 2.x to 3.x
There will be an initial cost for upgrading your OJS from 2.x to 3.x upon following migrating to our server. All the future upgrades following that will be free.
- Changing Your Current Domain DNS Records or Register for a New Domain
The last step following the migration is to change your current domain DNS records or to register for a new domain. During your account registration process at our Client Portal, you will have an option to register for a new domain name, use an existing domain name, or transfer an existing domain name to OpenJournalSystems.com.
Getting Started Guide: A step- by- step guide to setting up your OJS hosting accountDavid Green
What are your support hours?David Green
What are the differences between OpenJournalSystems.com managed OJS hosting Vs. PKP hosting?David Green
- Proven Track Record: OpenJournalSystems.com currently hosts more than 200 open access journals using Open Journal Systems, and have served over 1000 OJS clients worldwide. We have the proven track record of providing comprehensive solutions for Open Journal Systems and helping scholarly publishers make the most of their online publishing projects. We invite you to visit our Testimonials Page to find out what our current clients have to say about us and our Projects Page to find out more about our portfolio and clients.
- Awesome Customer Service: What sets our product, service and company apart from our competitor is the quality of our service. We take great pride in offering the best customer service available. Whether it’s walking you through the account setup, or troubleshooting your OJS, we’ll do what it takes to keep you happy. We invite you to visit our Testimonials Page to find out what our current clients have to say about us and our Projects Page to find out more about our portfolio and clients.
- The Best Value: We provide our journal-hosting support at the lowest cost possible to help academic professionals, research institutions, and universities around the world to create and share global knowledge.
- Professional Support: We provide professional OJS support and maintenance services, including regular OJS upgrades, backups, security monitoring, and a dedicated OJS support desk to ensure that OJS run smoothly, effectively, and securely.
- Best OJS Security Practices: OpenJournalSystems.com place the utmost emphasis on security and we’re always looking for ways to improve. We use many different layers of security to help protect your OJS site from being hacked. Each layer by itself is capable of stopping an attack. When all of the layers are combined, the overall security level goes up geometrically, creating a stronger OJS security system. We have implemented cutting-edge security policies and protocols that includes OJS as well as server security hardening.
- Regular Upgrades: We deliver what we advertise – We provide regular OJS software upgrades to keep Open Journal Systems secure, functioning, and up-to-date with the latest developments and new plug-ins.
- Reliability and Uptime: We use cutting-edge servers for increased up-time and to promote sustainability. We realize that server up-time is a priority in scholarly publishing and we monitor our servers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Innovative Solutions: We’re constantly thinking of ways to improve our service in every possible way and work collaboratively with our clients each step of the way to create innovative customization solutions.
What are the differences between OpenJournalSystems.com managed OJS hosting Vs. regular hosting?David Green
How long have you been in business?David Green
How long does it take for my account to be setup after signing up?David Green
Can OpenJournalSystems.com help me migrate my OJS from a previous host?David Green
Do I have to register my domain with you?David Green
Do you maintain website backups?David Green
Yes. Backup is a crucial part of any hosting solution. We offer the three backup solutions:
- Onsite Backup: Our onsite full server backups provide disaster recovery options to help protect against data loss or corruption. Onsite backups are run weekly and retained for 7 days by default.
- Remote Backup: We also store daily backup of your OJS database, and weekly backup of your cPanel at Amazon S3 for disaster recovery. All backups are retained for 7 days by default.
- Optional Backup: Optional backup is available using JetBackup, with multiple restore points and quick restore helps you to recover large file systems or entire servers very fast.
Where are your data centers located?David Green
How do you handle OJS site security?David Green
What payment methods are acceptable?David Green
What is your average monthly uptime?David Green
How many e-mail addresses can be created with an account?David Green
How can I access my e-mail account?David Green
Do you offer Webmail?David Green
What is the policy on “SPAM” and “unsolicited emails”?David Green