- You start by visiting our OJS Theme page and making your OJS Theme selection.
- Choose the License Type from the drop-down menu. Note that a Regular License allows you to use our OJS theme in one journal only. An Extended License allows you to use our OJS theme in multiple journals, within the same installation, and in one server only.
- Then just click on the “Buy Now” button and from there you can quickly and easily pay using our secure online system via PayPal or credit card.
- Following your purchase, we will contact you within 24 hours to proceed with your chosen theme installation.
- If you decided to make the installation yourself, we can quickly provide you with our OJS theme plug-in and the readme.txt file, which contains instructions on theme installation and setup. Please note that as you are purchasing a license, we will need to verify where our theme will be installed before providing you with the plug-in.
- Important: When you purchase an OJS theme from us, you’re acquiring a license to use an OpenJournalSystems.com theme. A single purchase of an OpenJournalSystems.com OJS theme allows you to use the theme on one finished site. If you need to use it on a second site, you would be required to purchase a second license. There are two options when licensing a theme from OpenJournalSystems.com: a Regular License and an Extended License. A Regular License allows you to use our OJS theme in one journal only. An Extended License allows you to use our OJS theme in multiple journals, within the same installation, and in one server only.
- Important: OJS themes purchased from openjournalsystems.com are for your use only. You are not permitted to redistribute or resell the OpenJournalSystems.com OJS theme. You may not include the original purchased items (or source files) in any distributed end product. This includes any OJS theme that you have customized yourself.
- No. Themes and plugins sold on OpenJournalSystems.com are sold under a default split license.
- This Default Split License ensures we can protect our rights and freedoms to respect (and comply with) the General Public License (GPL) but control the use of our own custom created work at the same time.
- There are two elements covered by a Default Split License:
The Non-GPL Portion: This includes all Assets – `, Images, and Custom Templates created by OpenJournalSystems.com.
The GPL Portion: This includes the OJS core files: PHP, HTML, and standard OJS Templates.
- This setup is in compliance with Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC) ruling. In 2009, The SFLC opinion states that the PHP and any intermingled HTML needs to be released under the GPL but CSS and images, by contrast, can be but do not need to be. Essentially what this means is two different sets of licensing rights apply. The latter components that are not released under the GPL, the custom content created by OpenJournalSystems.com, is covered by a separate license and NOT the GPL Licensing
- For more information about Split License, please visit: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202501064-What-is-Split-Licensing-and-the-GPL-